If you’re planning on starting a trucking service in Illinois, you’ll need to process legal requirements and get the proper permits. In this article, you’ll find a step-by-step guide to help start your business.
- Make Business Plans
In your business plan, it is important to identify what type of trucking company you want to run. This decision will help you identify the permits and registrations you need to process.
- Register Your Business
Whether you’re running an LLC, corporation, or something else, make sure to register your trucking business legally. Then get your IRS federal tax identification number.
- Process Licenses and Permits
Depending on your business structure, you may need to process the following trucking authority:
- A commercial driver’s license (CDL) and any necessary endorsements
- A USDOT number to be used by the FMCSA
- A Motor Carrier Operating Authority (MC number)
- International Registration Plan (IRP) credentials and International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA) decal
- Get Trucking Insurance
When selecting an insurance plan, make sure that it’s enough to cover risks such as damages to your vehicles and injuries caused by road accidents.
Need help processing operating authorities? Give us a call today. At Plates and Permits Trucking Services, we also have experienced professionals who can help with processing insurance and license plates in Crestwood, Illinois. Contact us now.